- For residential street: once a month.
- Arterial and Collector Streets: every two weeks.
- City owned parking facilities: once a month
- Responds to sweep material spills: within 24 hours
- Street Sweeping Schedule
The Surprise Public Works Department provides sand and bags free of charge to Surprise residents in the event of flooding.
The sand and bags will be located at the following locations (view online map | PDF map), following a major rain event, in which flooding may occur:
- 3 Star Park , 15825 N. Jerry Street
(South Side Parking Area off of Jerry Street)
- Bell Road Lake (south side), 15105 W. Bell Road
- South Plant (north gate), 11401 N. 136th Avenue
- Water Well site, 16849 W. Jomax Road
- Westgate city facility, 13430 W. Westgate Drive
- Ashton Ranch Water Supply Facility,
15151 W. Greenway Road
- Old City Hall recycle bin site, 12425 W. Bell Road
- Fire Station 302 recycle bin site, 18600 Reems Road
- DreamCatcher Park recycle bin site, 14534
W.Tierra Buena - Next to Villanueva Center, 15616 N. Hollyhock St.
NOTE: Residents are asked to bring
their own shovel to fill the bags. Anyone needing assistance should call
Public Works at 623.222.6000.
Designated Public Works crews will be on call 24 hours a
day during the monsoon and after any major storm events to check for an
remove downed trees and debris, clear clogged storm drains and to
assist residents in flooded areas.