|About the Transportation Division
The City of Surprise is committed to ensuring a safe, manageable and accessible transportation system. The Transportation Division is responsible for:
- Transportation Planning for all modes in the city with emphasis on regional connectivity.
- Traffic engineering operations, design and planning; including signs, signals, pavement markings, work zone traffic control, incident response, and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) applications.
- Transportation Capital Improvement Program Infrastructure Engineering.
- Review of Developer Traffic Impact Analysis to assure compliance with the Regional Transportation Plan.
- Assure that new developments are in compliance with generally accepted transportation engineering standards through plan review and permitting.
- Resident transportation services; including Dial-A-Ride and links to Valley Metro Service.
16000 N. Civic Center Plaza
Surprise, AZ 85374