Special Interest Classes
Register for Special Interest Classes
Surprise Community and Recreation Services is offering over 300 special interest classes for all ages. Registration is limited, check out the website to see if there is a class to fit your needs and to see course summaries.
LIST OF CLASSES BY AGES
Preschool classes: 5 years and under
2 year olds
Parent Tot Tumbling
Stepping Out- Parent Tot Ballet/Jazz Dance
Stepping Out - We Can Dance Two
3 - 5 year olds
Dance Classes: Steppin' Out Tiny Tot Series: Ballet/Jazz, Ballet/Tap, Cheer/Tumbling, Hip Hop/Tap Combo
Little Learners: 2 - 3 year olds
Sports Skills: An introduction to Sports for those who are too young for our leagues.
- Basketball, Football, Soccer Level 1 and 2, T-Ball
Childcare and Babysitting
- Ballet/ Tap Combo
- Hip Hop Dance Troupe
- Hip Hop Cheer
Surprise Fit Kids
Tae Kwon Do
Wrestling: Monsoon USA Wrestling Club
Tae Kwon Do
Registration Policies and Procedures
Click to download form
- Parents must sign in and sign out participants under 11; this is for safety purposes and will be strictly enforced.
- Payment for classes will not be accepted by the instructor.
- Assume you are registered and attend the first class. No confirmations will be sent.
- Class will start at the scheduled times, doors will be open 5 minutes prior to class.
- Every class has a minimum and maximum enrollment. Classes will be cancelled prior to start date if minimum enrollment is not met.
- Participants must adhere to policies and or requirements as specified by the instructor or company offering the class.
- Some classes require an additional fee, like a costume fee.
- If a class is listed as a “PP”, parent Tot, Mommy/Daddy and me this means that parent participation is a required.
- We love our parents, but if the class does not state Parent Tot/Child, parents are asked to remain outside the classroom but on the premise Our instructors have found that parent and /or sibling distractions, and/or interruptions, which interfere with class instruction, have often affected the quality of instruction.
Special Interest Class Refund Policy
No refunds issued. Credits on your recreation account through the CRS department will only be approved if you withdraw from the course 72 hours before the start date and time, speak directly with a Supervisor and will be subject to a 50% withdraw fee. After the start of class credits or session movement will not be permitted, as we can no longer fill that spot with another participant.
If you have a special talent or skill and would like to earn some extra money by sharing it with others, the Surprise Community and Recreation Services Department is looking for individuals that are interested in teaching new Special Interest classes during the day, after school hours or Saturdays. click here to download the Class Proposal Form. Or for more information, please call 623.222.2233.