- Home Links
- Circle City Water Company Purchase & Acquisition
Circle City Water Company Purchase & Acquisition
Surprise voters will decide whether or not to authorize the purchase and acquisition of a water service company in a May 15 Special Election. City Council approved sending the question to ballot at their November 7th Regular Meeting.
Circle City Water Company (CCW) is a small water service company in the northern part of Surprise’s planning area and future water service area. This acquisition would provide Surprise with the company’s existing water infrastructure and grow the city’s allocation of Colorado River water by more than 38 percent.
Colorado River water is currently the only renewable surface supply available to Surprise. Having a right to more surface water will help the city meet future demands and shortfalls.
The purchase of CCW would be funded through the sale of current and future water portfolio assets.
Educational public meetings will be scheduled ahead of the May 15 Special Election. Meeting dates and locations will be posted here. Additionally, an Information Pamphlet will be mailed out in April to all registered households in Surprise.
- April 16, 2018 – Voter Registration Deadline
- April 25, 2018 – Ballots mailed out to all registered households in Surprise. This is a ballot-by-mail election. The Surprise City Clerk’s office will have a ballot-drop off box available beginning on this date.
- May 5, 2018 – Replacement ballot voting begins
- May 15, 2018 – Election Day
For questions regarding the election process, including voter registration and replacement ballot voting, please contact the Surprise City Clerk’s office at email@example.com or 623.222.1200.
For questions regarding the potential purchase and acquisition of Circle City Water Company, please contact the Water Resources Management Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 623.222.7100.