The Building and Construction Review Board shall hear and decide appeals of orders, decisions or determinations made by the building official concerning the application, interpretation, and enforcement of the adopted technical codes. The board shall also determine the suitability of alternate materials and methods of construction and, if applicable, recommend modifications.
The building and construction review board shall be comprised of five members:
(1) One design professional registered by the State of Arizona;
(2) One general building contractor or homebuilder licensed by the State of Arizona;
(3) One plumbing or mechanical contractor registered by the State of Arizona or professional mechanical engineer;
(4) One electrical contractor registered by the State of Arizona or professional electrical engineer;
(5) One fire protection contractor licensed by the State of Arizona, professional fire protection engineer or fire services professional
(6) No members of the building and construction review board shall be employees of the City of Surprise.
(7) Members of this board do not have to be residents of the City of Surprise.
For more information about the Building and Construction Review Board, please contact Cathy Rudder at 623.222.3244, or .