“Always There, Always Ready.” Our mission is to protect and preserve life and property with the highest level of safety, customer service, pride and professionalism.
We balance the needs of our people, organizational leaders, City, and public in our plans, policies and operations. We consider the effects on our people, who are our greatest asset, first when making decisions. We recognize that if we support, respect, empower, and challenge our people, they will deliver superior service and continuous improvement.
We value our City, organization, citizens, and each other. We value the following behaviors within our organization.
- Respect each member as a professional
- Be intolerant of negative behavior
- Take responsibility for our own action or inaction
- Recognize honest and sincere efforts
- Utilize consensus, when possible, for decision-making
- Support employee and employer decisions
- Demonstrate the highest level of pride and professionalism